The first Saturday in October is Frugal Fun Day! The goal of the day is to do at least one fun thing for $5 or less.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- play disc golf (free, if you’ve got the disc)
- go for a walk in the park and stop at the playground for a bit
- watch a movie at home with your sweetheart
- get friends together for a game of basketball, touch football, ultimate frisbee, or whatever floats your boat
- play a board game or do a puzzle with the family (I’m sure you’ve got plenty hanging around the house!)
- go window shopping (you can take $5 cash, but nothing else!)
Find more info and lots of suggestions from the holiday’s creator, Shel Horowitz.
“Dishonest money dwindles away,
but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.”